About GABI ON 12TH
Gabi On 12th makes jewellery – mostly bracelets – and the ideas behind the bracelets are:
- Color & Playfulness: The bracelets stand out. We like to think they are different, happy and colourful – pieces of Rainbow Nation around your wrists.
- Style: With our concept “Mix & Match” you can easily pair the various styles of bracelets. They are easy to put on and take off.
- Women Power: Women are amazing and strong. Women don’t start wars. We believe fighting for women’s rights lead to a brighter future for all – and particularly for our children. Our bracelets are produced by women-led micro businesses in Limpopo, South Africa.
How we make a difference!
- The bracelets are produced by women-led micro business in South Africa.
- Part of the profit will be reinvested in these micro businesses.
4000 ZAR (about 350 USD), that’s roughly the average salary for women who work in domestic services in Johannesburg, South Africa. Our goal for 2018 is to create jobs for at least five women – and offer a monthly income 2-3x of a domestic job. With that income, we make it possible for women to send their kids to school (tuition & transport), afford uniforms and school material.
Why should I buy Gabi On 12th bracelets?
Firstly, because you love the design and you feel beautiful when you wear them! Secondly, by doing so, you hopefully also inspire others to do the same – and together, we empower women. That’s an equation we believe in.
EMAIL US if you have any further questions!
Gabriella currently lives with her family in Switzerland after a four-year stint in South Africa. She is Swedish with a great innate love for Scandinavian design, yet believes that in mixing it with African colours and prints, it becomes something even more beautiful.
Whilst living on 12th Street in Parkhurst, Johannesburg, Gabriella Pedrazzi started the brand Gabi On 12th. She took inspiration from the colour-combinations and beautiful structure of traditional African jewellery, as well as the simplicity, colour and fun element of Shweshwe fabrics.
The Gabi On 12th bracelets are made to mix and match. In combining the different designs and colours, they become a ‘statement piece’ on your arm adding an edgy femininity to your outfit.
The bracelets are not just beautiful, they are important. One of Gabriella’s goals are to produce the bracelets in South Africa, creating jobs and helping women to have a stable income. This became a proud reality when in May 2016 the first production team of four women was established in Limpopo. Read more about them here.
Thank you for your support!
INSTAGRAM inspiration :